Training Fees & Policies
1) Conveniently register and pay online with a credit card.
2) If you are registering seven days or less before a training date, payment must be made by credit card.
3) To pay by check or money order*, complete the online registration and mail in your full payment to the address below.
*YOUR CHECK MUST BE RECEIVED BY SUMHLC WITHIN TEN (10) DAYS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR SPACE CANNOT BE GUARANTEED AND YOUR REGISTRATION MAY BE CANCELLED.
200 Metro Center Blvd. Unit 10
Warwick, RI 02886
ATT: Diane Bernardo
Registrations are processed on a first-come, first-served basis, with seating limited per fire code regulations. You will be notified of your enrollment status via email within ten days of your registration and payment.
If you have not received your acceptance notification within one week of your class, please contact SUMHLC at (401)521-5759 to verify the status of your registration.
Training materials will be sent to each participant via email prior to each class. SUMHLC will no longer be providing copies of training PowerPoint and other materials. The participant is responsible to print out the materials and bring them to class.
WIFI is available for those choosing to access the PowerPoint and other materials through an electronic device.
CONTINUING EDUCATION UNITS (CEUs):
CEUs or clock hours are listed within each course description.
In order to receive a Certificate of Completion verifying earned CEU/clock hours, participants must:
- attend 100%*** of the course (see Attendance Policy below),
- complete the Pre-Test prior to the training day,
- and complete the Post Test and Training Evaluation within TEN DAYS of the training.
Abbreviations for the CEU granting organizations are as follows:
CD: Approved by the Rhode Island Certification Board toward chemical dependency certification and licensing.
SW: Approved by the National Association of Social Workers, Rhode Island Chapter.
MHC: Approved by the Rhode Island Mental Health Counselors Association
Nursing: Approved by the Northeast Multi-State Division, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
***In order to receive full Continuing Education Units (CEUs) or clock hours, you MUST SIGN IN upon arrival and attend the entire class. If you arrive late or leave class early, CEUs or clock hours will be pro-rated to the next hour.
Participants who miss 20% or more of any training or fail to sign in or notify staff of arrival will be ineligible to receive credit.
Training fees are non-refundable. However, if you contact SUMHLC at (401)521-5759 before 12 noon on the day prior to your training SUMHLC will hold a training credit for you until June 30th.
INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICY:
During inclement weather, any class cancellations will be posted on local radio and TV stations and recorded on SUMHLC’s answering machine (401)521-5759.
Please apply only for those trainings that are appropriate for your background.
- FOUNDATION: For those with 0-2 years of experience who need an introduction to the topic.
- INTERMEDIATE: For those with 2-5 years of experience and have basic knowledge of topic.
- ADVANCED: For those with more than 5 years of experience with a strong understanding of the topic who wish to seek more in-depth information.
- SUPERVISOR: For individuals who are working as supervisors, managers or directors
- ALL: Suitable for a wide audience.